Friday, December 18, 2015

2 more crazy weeks in the books

my last post missed the actual publish button by a week.  It was ready to go in draft form for a while though!  So two posts today!

In the last 2 weeks we've had a lot going on.  I finished the closet flooring but we still have a long way to go to get the floor completely finished.  I need to get back on it.

Last Friday night I got a late phone call.  Around 1 AM.  Which is never a good thing.  My dad ended up having a pretty bad heart attack.  So i jumped in the car and headed to hays.  Met my mom and sister there and we waited while they performed a heart cath on Dad.  He had a 100% blockage in his right main artery and that is what led to the heart attack.  They were able to stent it and get him stable.  He spent a few days in ICU though.  I got home at noon on Saturday and got ready for Kelci's cousins wedding.  It was a nice ceremony and nice to see all of Kelci's family get together.  I left fairly early so I could catch up on some sleep and then Kelci and I headed back to Hays on Sunday morning.  Dad was settled into his ICU room by then and was just dealing with some lingering AFIBS and blood pressure issues.  We spent the afternoon in Hays and headed home in the early evening.  Monday we just hung out as a family and then Tuesday when Kelci got off of work we headed back up to hays.  Dad was in a regular room so we could take the kids.  Andi's whole family was there and we were able to celebrate my moms bday.  which was put on hold for a few days!

Wednesday and Thursday we just hung out with the family.  I did try and ride my bike in the morning on Weds.  But i had 2 flat tires, and my bike pump had quit working.  Also my powertap stopped transmitting and so did my cadence censor.  So i bought new batteries for everything and hopefully Saturday morning i can try and spin my legs a bit.  I'm hoping to get back into the swing of training by the 28th and try and start the year on a good fitness kick.  I'm heavy and Lethargic lately and i know i need to do something about it.

Well I have a big weekend planned and I'll hopefully write all about it.  Sorry no pictures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment